Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Musicals.

Finally I have found a way of combining my two most favourite things in the whole world...afternoon tea and musicals!  Since a wee young thing, I have been obsessed with musicals, showtunes,MGM, Fred and Ginger, Judy, and Gene...There really is nothing that cheers the heart as much as spending a Sunday with a wonderful film and a scrumptious tea!
So on the 18th of April, The Golden Afternoon Tea Company will be organising our very first Sunday Afternoon Musical,  and we thought we'd debut with a splurge, the well loved and fun filled,
splurge-tastic  Bugsy Malone!


And as well as watching the film, we will be having a sing-song around the piano to get us in the mood. There will be charleston dancing, a 1920's ' Watch the Birdie' photobooth, cocktails in teacups and of course the most delicious cakes and scones. Too good to miss don't you think?! 

So if you fancy some frolics at Fat Sam's Grand Slam Speakeasy, or the Bethnal Green Working Men's Club  do pop down on the 18th of April, we would love to see you! 



Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.

The chap and I filled it with flowers, a trip to the flower market(the car broke down,  was taken pity on and given a free chocolate bar by a local)then Columbia road flower market on Sunday, traipsed around many vintage clothes shops and stuffed ourselves silly with tons of chocs and cake. Bliss..

My friend, Mrs Lee sent me this most gorgeous vintage Easter card, isn't the picture darling? I bought armfuls of these English grown Narcissi, and with the palest pink hyacinths and snow white lilac the house has been filled with the sweetest perfume.
Best wishes for a sweet and fragrant spring for you all.


4 comments:

teawithonesugarplease said...

What a wonderful idea - I just love that movie

parTea lady said...

What a fabulous party idea. If it were possible, I'd be there. Thanks for the movie clip and pretty teacup and flowers photo.

Lina said...

I can't wait! And there are more Sunday Afternoon Musicals in the pipeline too.....watch this space x

The Vintage Bride said...

I saw your flyer in The Good Old Days hairdressers on Broadway Market - looks fab! Would love to feature your afternoon tea hen dos on my blog!

Post a Comment